SACRAMENT OF MARRIAGE
"What God joins together, let no one put sunder." (from the Reception of the Consent)
Marriage is one of those moments of joy not only for the couple and their respective families, but also for the Church and so the Parish rejoices and celebrates with you. Couples seeking to celebrate their marriage within the Parish of St. Monica’s need to give a minimum of 6 months’ notice and must attend a recommended Marriage Preparation Course. If the couple comes from outside the St. Monica’s parish zone, they will have to obtain a Permission and Freedom to Marry notice from their respective Parishes for their marriage to be celebrated in St. Monica’s Parish.
Photo credit: Millgrove Photography
Current Guidelines for Weddings
(from the Archdiocese of Melbourne)
- Inside at St. Monica's church currently permitted with up to 200 people in accordance with the two square metre rule and 1.5 metres distance rule. (only if you provide us an electronic attendees list - You can use our try-booking system for this. If you provide us a paper attendees recording, limit number of attendees could be changed. For further information, please contact to the office.)
- Hygiene precautions must be maintained throughout.
- The couple getting married do not need to wear a face coverings during the ceremony.
- It is strongly recommended that guests wear face coverings at a wedding when a distance of 1.5 metres from other people cannot be maintained.
- Face coverings can be removed for photos, but people must be encouraged to stay 1.5m away from others.
- A photographer is not counted as a guest under the wedding gathering limits. (There is no limit on the number of photographers or videographers.
Wedding Application Form
Please read though the Marriage Information carefully.
After you filled the application form, please send us it via the parish email address.
If you have any enquiries regarding your wedding at St. Monica's church, please contact us via phone call or email. Sonya, our parish secretary, will kindly inform you.